Home made body scrubs are excellent for removing dead cells. They provide fatty acids to dry and scaly skin, enhancing elasticity and softness. Home made scrubs are made of natural components which do not have side effects and are inexpensive. Scrubs have three most important components namely, essential oils, exfoliation and carrier oils.
The scrubs which are also called scratch scrubs offer you relief from the itching produced by skin that is dry and flaking. Homemade scrubs are very effective and its effects are soon visible.
Here, various recipes of homemade body scrubs are shared with the reader so that you can make them at home easily without spending too much money.
1. Body Scrub Recipe – A mixture of sea salt and olive oil is an effective body scrub you can easily make at home. Permit the mixture to penetrate deep into your skin, rub it well into your body and then wash it away.
2. Salt Scrub Recipe – Another magical homemade body scrub is the combination of 2 Cups avocado, 1 Cup apricot or oil extracted from peach kernel, 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract, 8 Cups Kosher salt, sesame oil or jojoba oil extracted from seeds which are not toasted and 1 Cup cocoa which is not sweetened or ¼ Cup coffee crystals which are freeze dried. Mix these ingredients well and blend with honey to make a smooth paste which you can easily apply on your body.
3. Brown sugar scrub – Another popular homemade scrub is the Brown sugar body scrub. It contains 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 2 teaspoons aloe Vera gel, 1 teaspoon lemon juice which is squeezed fresh, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon almond oil. This mixture will be brown and smooth and will effectively remove dead cells.
4. Almond and Bran Scrub – Almond and Bran Scrub can be used on your body once a week to bring life and luster to your skin. Mix almonds and bran with a cup of hot green tea. Mix it well till it becomes smooth. When the mixture reaches body temperature pour tens drops of lavender oil to the mixture. Blend it well.
5. Sugar based body scrub – This scrub is made with fruits, sugar and honey to make your skin supple and smooth. Moreover, it soothes and rejuvenates your skin. Mashed fruit, a tablespoon sugar along with honey can be made to a paste to offer your skin the shine you desire.